Wednesday 9 September 2015

BAAH-ACHAMFOUR SPEAKS OUT ON CRISIS IN NPP AND HIS NAME


Captain Baah Achamfuor (Rtd)

By Ekow Mensah
Captain Kwabena Baah- Achamfour , once described as the x-factor in the Armed Forces Revolutionary Council (AFRC) is back in the news again for new reasons.

This time, it is about clearing his name in the on-going tussle over allegations of corruption in the New Patriotic Party (NPP).

According to the retired army captain, he is not the Baah-Achamfuor who is raising issues of accountability in the NPP.

Captain Baah-Achamfour says he does not know the guy who bears his name and has nothing to do with the wrangling in the NPP.

He told The Insight, “I have never been a member of the NPP. I am a committed Nkrumaist”

A disclaimer issued by Captain Baah- Achemfour is published in full below:

Whereas I do not own any rights to the name “Baah-Achamfour”, I Captain Kwabena Baah Achamfour (RTD), wish to make it known to the Ghanaian public , that I am not the purported “ Baah-Achamfour “ who in the recent past has stridently made  various pronouncements on air/ radio over NPP issues.

May it be known that the said Baah-Achamfour is no Known relation or associate of mine. I make this disclaimer just to protect my personal integrity and to save me from unwarranted embarrassment to which I have inadvertently been  drawn  into in recent times with thanks and my salutations!

CAPTAIN KWABENA BAAH-ACHAMFOUR (RTD)

A RETIRED SOLDIERS PETITION
Minister of Defence
P.O BOX AN 5939
ACCRA-NORTH
31ST August,2015

The Chief of Defence Staff
Ghana Armed Forces
 Burma Camp
Dear Sir,
 PETITION FOR ENTILEMENTS
GC.153375 EX-CORPORAL OWUSU OTTI-ACHAMPONG
 I joined the Gold Coast Army on 16th April 1995 and after my Millitary Trainning was posted to the base Ordnance Deport, El Wak, where by dint of hard work I rose to the rank of Sergeant.
In 1964, whilst working at the stores Section during my attachment with the Base Workshop, I donated collection of Art Work to Dr. Kwame Nkrumah  through my commanding officer, Major Appiah of Base Ordnance Depot and have never collected the Art work back. Immediately after my presentation at the Flag Staff House I was locked up in the Base work shop Guard Room for 3 days for no offence committed.

 In 1965, At the stores section of the Base Workshop, two bottles containing Mercury were misplaced and under normal circumstance had to search for them. Now on the following day WO I Akummey from the Base  ordance Deport came to enquire about the missing bottles and I told him to ask WO II Gyembibi about them hence he was the store Holder. WO I Akummey became not happy with my response and prepared charge against me to reduce me from Sergeant to Corporal same day and on the following day the two bottles of the Mercury were found within the store House.

 After serving 12 years I went on interview to sign on for more years to complete 18 years not 13 years. And I was discharged from the Army without any reason being assigned for the discharged. Immediately, after my discharge, I wrote a petition for reinstatement but received no response from the Army.

 In 1972 I sent another petition to the Ombudsman to look into the reasons for my sudden discharge from the Army and help me secure all entitlements due me but received no response from them.

 I therefore sent a petition to the National Reconciliation Commission but was informed that the commission’s mandate did not include the investigation of cases which occurred before June 4th 1979.

 I again contacted the Veteran Association of Ghana who advised me to send a petition to the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice which I did. After many months of going back and forth, I have still not had any fruitful results.
 This letter gives you all what happened to me at the Army Base Workshop.

 I was recently advised to write a petition to your outfit to seek redress. I believe my records in the Army will show that I served my Nation with dedication and hard work. I did not do anything to merit this unjust treatment. Please I am pleading with you to help me to secure the entitlements that are due me for I was given nothing after my sudden discharge from the Army.

I hope to receive a favorable response from you.

 Yours faithfully

 GC 153375 EX. CORPORAL OWUSU OTTI- ACHAMPONG

Editorial
NDC’s PRIMARIES
There are very strong indications that the National Democratic Congress( NDC) very seriously  preparing  for the 2016 elections.

The primaries being currently  organized point in that direction.

The President has now made  clear statement that he would be running with his Vice Paa Kwesi Amissah- Arthur.
The contest for 2016 is most likely to be keen and it is important to remind all the contestants, that the welfare of the Ghanaian masses would be at the very centre of the Campaign.

Those who will win the 2016 elections are those who can show that they can improve our living and working conditions.;

The elections ought to be about who has the best plan to improve access to health, education, housing and portable water.

 It should be about creating employment and generating resources for national development.

We wish the NDC well.

No comments:

Post a Comment