Wednesday 26 October 2016

THOUGHTS OF A MYSTERIOUS MAN;-3 Paddies on a Death Wish

Motor bike crash
By Ekow Duncan
It was an early Monday morning and I was zooming on the Ofankor Accra road on my way to work. Then I head the ear piecing sound of a motor bike at full throttle

I looked into the driving mirror and could not believe what I saw.  Three guys on a motor bike riding at break-neck speed.

This is obviously against the law and commonsense but it was happening on the streets of the capital city of Ghana, Accra

I took consolidation in the fact that a police check-point lay ahead of us and I thought that the police will take appropriate action to protect limb and safeguard the law.
I followed the three desperadoes on the motorbike and I was anxious to see what the police would do.

I could not believe my eyes and my ears when we got to the police check point.
The four or so police personnel on duty cheered the desperadoes as if they were heroes of a stunt in which they were representing Ghana against other nations.

With raised fists the three desperadoes sped off and I could not follow them at their speed.

The National Road Safety Commission and indeed all responsible for road safety ought to be concerned about the total lack of enforcement of the laws.

These three desperadoes broke every law on the riding of motor bikes.

They did not wear steel helmets, they drove at break neck speed and there were three of them on a single motor bike.

In spite of this, they rode through police check-points on such a major highway without any hindrance.

Why would the statistics on road accidents not look and sound so grim?

1 comment:

  1. I liked the thought of one woman, it seems, so must consider many of us. You should also like this, zaydise and read about it here https://yen.com.gh/83477-first-lady-mahama-majority-ghanaian-men-romantic.html...

    ReplyDelete