Saturday 22 October 2016

GABBY’S CHARGE; All Unhappy NPP Members Should Join The CPP

Gabby Nkesia
Nana Gabby Nsiah Nketiah, the Vice Presidential Candidate of the Convention Peoples Party (CPP) has started his work in earnest.

 At a press conference in Accra he has urged all members of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) who are unhappy with the current state of affairs in their own party to throw their weight behind the CPP.

He has also called upon “all friends in the NDC who are giving up and have lost all hope in the present leadership to come and appreciate with me that all is not lost, we can pick up the pieces together to make a difference in a different way”.

The full text of his statement is published below;
My name is Nana Gabby Nsiah Nketiah reporting for duty in the race to occupy the Flagstaff House come December 7, 2016 as the running mate of the great Convention People's Party, CPP. The Party that led the struggle for our political independence and put us on the map of the free world as well as ushered us into the enviable spot of an example to many nations both in Africa in particular and the world at large.

Since the mention of my name as the running mate to Lawyer Ivor Kobina Greenstreet there have been speculations. Some have speculated positively and others negatively as it is expected. Make no mistake about it. I have been around the politics of Ghana too long not to have anticipated this. But I tell you, I have no fear. As the CPP of old had the resounding refrain "yε nim ko oo, yε nnim dwane oo!", I am a fighter and we say no retreat no surrender to nay sayers or nay thinkers - Forward Ever we march with faith, confidence, love, the fear of God and the patriotism required to make Ghana work again for Ghanaians.

Yes, I was in the thick affairs of the NPP particularly under the able leadership of President Agyekum Kufuor who saw the qualities in me and approached me to help his campaign to become the leader of our nation. Help, I did help. Serve, I served whole heartedly under his stewardship. Sacrifice, I sacrificed to make his administration a working one. I have no regrets about it and I make no apologies for my association with that regime.

Here we are today as I was about hanging my political boots when a bold, courageous youngman approached me and dared me with the following words; "Sir, I want you to help me. I see in you a unifier who can help myself and my party make the effort necessary to cross the 50%+1 threshold to occupy the presidency of Ghana. I want you to be my running mate and I am not taking 'NO' for an answer." Wow! I exclaimed as I told Ivor Greenstreet; "you must some daring man." I pondered over the invitation and my inner being told me that is what is Ghana needs because that is what works for Ghana - bringing the different shades of opinions together to work with unity.

Ivor Greenstreet, CPP Presidential Candidate
I bring to the ticket the CPP ticket the unifying spark of fire that would ignite the spirit of oneness and togetherness to build mother Ghana and create a better future for our unborn generations thus making our forebears proud of the foundation they laid. I bring maturity and a deep sense of history of how various people with different backgrounds have ceded ground to make the overarching common interest work for Ghana. I bring innovation and thoughtfulness. I come with a clean, pure and committed heart knowing too well that all it takes is a small spark to start any cataclysmic fireworks that consumes all doubting minds.

Ghana today needs a new kind of leadership that would depart from the so called neo-liberal economic path which has been pursued over the past 24 years without yielding the needed results and embrace the pragmatism that the Greenstreet led CPP ticket offers. We must look within than without to look for solutions to our problems which are very familiar to us.

I want to end by extending a warm hand of invitation to my friends from the NPP who have doubts in the present leadership to come and join me to change this erring regime. I equally extend a warm welcome to all friends in the NDC who are giving up and have lost all hope in the present leadership to come and appreciate with me that all is not lost, we can pick the pieces together to make a difference in a different way. Now to all who claim their roots to the CPP, the ideas and ideals of the founding father of Ghana, Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah, I dare say, today is the day we must all make our claims count. Let us rally around the crow of the predictable, truthful and awakening Cockerel which is reminding us of the dawn of a new beginning. Come home, let us pursue the unfinished business.

I believe in the spirit, bravery, ideas and sacrifice of the CPP of old. I trust in the inspiring, pragmatic, conciliatory and embracing as well as the forward looking leadership of the CPP of today. Come one, Come all. We have an election to win. It has been done before and we can do it better again. We cannot do it on accord of individual strengths. Together we can make it and do it better together.

Thank you for coming and God be our help. There is victory for us!

Editorial
VENEZUELA!
The people of Venezuela have every right to complain about the economic hardship they face as a direct result of the inability of the Maduro government to effectively counter the imperialist offensive led by the United State America.

Indeed, it is even within their rights to work for a change of government in Venezuela.

What is clearly unacceptable is the interference of the West led by the United States of America in what is by all standards the internal affairs of a sovereign state.

 The US and its allies are not looking for changes in Venezuela which would improve the conditions of life of the people.


They seek change which will enable the imperialist forces to control the destiny of the Venezuelan people.

They want to make Venezuela another Ghana after the 1966 coup or Chile after the overthrown of the Allende government and that is why we express solidarity with the Maduro Government and the progressive Venezuela.



No comments:

Post a Comment