Tuesday 1 November 2016

PLAYING THE CROWD GAME

A heavy crowd of the National Democratic Congress
By Ekow Mensah
No matter who wins the 2016 elections, some notions will be shattered completely.

One of such notions is that you can determine who will win an election by looking at the size of the crowds at the rallies of the different political parties.

 Both the NDC and the NPP have made claims on their electoral chances based on the evaluation of crowds at rallies.

After the launch of the NDC campaign in the Ashanti Region, the party raised its expectation of 1 million votes to 1.5 million votes simply because of the huge crowd which attended the launch.

Nana Akufo Addo addresses a massive NPP crowd
A leading member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) also claimed that on account of the crowds which gathered to listen to their Presidential candidate in the Volta Region, they will break the hold of the NDC in the region.

The crowd game has proved to be a most inaccurate way of measuring votes and 2016 will not be different from previous election years.

Editorial
ASANTEWAA
Yaa Asantewaa of Exhibition at Dansoman in Accra is a huge walking national monument which tells the story of what political violence can do.

Asantewaa was a young school girl when militants of the United Party decided that they would not take the democratic path to power.

They hated the Nkrumah Government and all that it stood for and they knew that they would not win any free and fair election.

These opposition elements resorted to bomb explosions, coup plots and all manner of violent expressions as a means of toppling the Osagyefo.

Asantewa just happened to have been a little school girl at the Accra Sports Stadium where militants of the Danquah –Busia tradition exploded a bomb. She lost a limb and has been in pain ever since.


Asantewa teaches us that the resort to needless violence in politics only destroys innocent people.

3 comments:

  1. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA .................

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got married to my lovely husband for the past 7 years without conceiving and fibroid was the issue, i took different prescribed medication but could not cure it but my husband was so confident in me and kept encouraging me that one day someone would call me mother, we did not rest searching for solution from different Doctors all they could say was surgery and i was afraid of that then a friend in my office introduced me to Dr.onokun who sent his product to me which i took and it really worked perfectly, and my Doc. confirmed me pregnant after 2 weeks of taken his product. You can contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whats-app: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete
  3. All thanks to God Almighty who use Dr. Akhigbe to cure me from Herpes virus with his herbal Medicine, For those suffering from the same Virus You can contact his WhatsApp +2349021374574, he can also cure your health issues Like HBP, Hepatitis B Virus, Herpes, HPV, ALS etc. Email him at Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete